The Decemberizers have sent their latest to NPR’s First Listen two weeks before its release date. It’s their best stuff since Crane Wife, and having Gillian Welch along for seven tracks was a great idea. Lead Decemberist Colin Meloy, while pining for the 10 minute song days of yore, acknowledges this album as a return to a more American style after several albums of English influence. I’m liking it.
- RT @CityofAnnapolis: Meet Temple Cone - Annapolis Poet Laureate and hear his great poem, "Wharf." He wrote this poem about growing up near… 1 day ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Cloudstreet by Tim Winton goodreads.com/review/show?id… 1 week ago
- RT @GraysonJAllen: Hey @tedcruz if you need a stand in against @jimmykimmel I know a guy twitter.com/jimmykimmel/st… 2 weeks ago
- RT @MarkDever: “A scolding ministry is not likely to be a happy one or a helpful one.” Francis Grimke, Meditations on Preaching 2 weeks ago
- 3 of 5 stars to The Day the Angels Fell by Shawn Smucker goodreads.com/review/show?id… 3 weeks ago