Clear and provocative intro to biblical relationships. Wilson is not championing one possible method among many, but explaining the biblical principles that undergird the marriage process. These principles need to be applied differently in different situations, but cannot be ignored if God is to be honored in the way a man takes a woman to wife. Wilson articulates a vision in which a covenantal structure provides freedom and protection for a young woman under the loving authority of her father, while challenging young men to step up and take risks in pursuing a godly wife. He roots these patterns in Scripture, clears away wrong principles with a firm but gracious hand, and refutes stupid ideas with biting wit. Parents will be challenged, humbled, and encouraged, young women will be strengthened and given peaceful confidence, and young men will be scared out of their folly and exhorted to play the man.
- RT @BenSasse: ...but at least we'll always have the History Channel. twitter.com/Bmac0507/statu… 1 day ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Cover Her Face by P.D. James goodreads.com/review/show?id… 4 days ago
- Just ordered Outlaws of Time #2: The Song of Glory and Ghost by N. D. Wilson. You should too: amazon.com/dp/0062327291/… via @amazon 1 week ago
- Great word from Matt Emerson on Christ's descent into hell: bit.ly/2pk1oiL https://t.co/YYBTG9q4HS 1 week ago
- RT @TGC: Good Friday—a summary of the day’s events. thegspl.co/2pcHl93 https://t.co/k3lbgH8Vjf 2 weeks ago