Clear and provocative intro to biblical relationships. Wilson is not championing one possible method among many, but explaining the biblical principles that undergird the marriage process. These principles need to be applied differently in different situations, but cannot be ignored if God is to be honored in the way a man takes a woman to wife. Wilson articulates a vision in which a covenantal structure provides freedom and protection for a young woman under the loving authority of her father, while challenging young men to step up and take risks in pursuing a godly wife. He roots these patterns in Scripture, clears away wrong principles with a firm but gracious hand, and refutes stupid ideas with biting wit. Parents will be challenged, humbled, and encouraged, young women will be strengthened and given peaceful confidence, and young men will be scared out of their folly and exhorted to play the man.
- Matt Searles' latest Psalms album is free to download right now to celebrate the release of his Psalms devotional: mattsearles.bandcamp.com 5 days ago
- Can anything good on the sacraments come from a Baptist? Come and see: 9marks.org/article/the-re… 5 days ago
- RT @DrSteveNichols: Luther's Thesis 28, Heidelberg Disputation, 1518: "God's love does not find, but creates, that which is pleasing to it… 1 week ago
- RT @BurkParsons: Men, leading your family means leading in singing. Sing like you mean it, and stop using the excuse that people don't want… 1 week ago
- RT @rwbooth: On this date in 1520, Martin Luther’s Babylonian Captivity of the Church was published. #reformation500 1 week ago