Clear and provocative intro to biblical relationships. Wilson is not championing one possible method among many, but explaining the biblical principles that undergird the marriage process. These principles need to be applied differently in different situations, but cannot be ignored if God is to be honored in the way a man takes a woman to wife. Wilson articulates a vision in which a covenantal structure provides freedom and protection for a young woman under the loving authority of her father, while challenging young men to step up and take risks in pursuing a godly wife. He roots these patterns in Scripture, clears away wrong principles with a firm but gracious hand, and refutes stupid ideas with biting wit. Parents will be challenged, humbled, and encouraged, young women will be strengthened and given peaceful confidence, and young men will be scared out of their folly and exhorted to play the man.
- RT @CityofAnnapolis: Meet Temple Cone - Annapolis Poet Laureate and hear his great poem, "Wharf." He wrote this poem about growing up near… 1 day ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Cloudstreet by Tim Winton goodreads.com/review/show?id… 1 week ago
- RT @GraysonJAllen: Hey @tedcruz if you need a stand in against @jimmykimmel I know a guy twitter.com/jimmykimmel/st… 2 weeks ago
- RT @MarkDever: “A scolding ministry is not likely to be a happy one or a helpful one.” Francis Grimke, Meditations on Preaching 2 weeks ago
- 3 of 5 stars to The Day the Angels Fell by Shawn Smucker goodreads.com/review/show?id… 3 weeks ago