How did we get here, to God’s house, to worship today? Psalm 5:7 gives us the answer: Through the abundance of God’s steadfast love. The reason you are invited and allowed to enter in is because Triune love overflows between Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and spills over to you. Praise God for that kind of love, and remember at every point in the service that you are here because God loves you. He calls you, because He loves you. He hears your confession, because He loves you. He consecrates you with His Word, because He loves you. He feeds you at the table of communion because He loves you. And He sends you back out into the world with His commissioning upon you, because He loves you. So don’t worship in fear. Don’t worship in order to qualify, or be accepted. Don’t worship out of duty, or because you think you ought to. Worship God because you know that He loves you.
- 3 of 5 stars to Kill Shot by Vince Flynn goodreads.com/review/show?id… 3 days ago
- 4 of 5 stars to The Great Good Thing by Andrew Klavan goodreads.com/review/show?id… 1 week ago
- RT @LutheranSatire: Here is Bernie Sanders in his own words. Or my words. Definitely one of those two, though. thefederalist.com/2017/06/13/sen… 2 weeks ago
- 4 of 5 stars to The Mark and the Void by Paul Murray goodreads.com/review/show?id… 2 weeks ago
- RT @MichaelRWear: After a couple of days of critiquing Sanders/Van Hollen, I want to share a few thoughts on what Christians can learn from… 2 weeks ago