How did we get here, to God’s house, to worship today? Psalm 5:7 gives us the answer: Through the abundance of God’s steadfast love. The reason you are invited and allowed to enter in is because Triune love overflows between Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and spills over to you. Praise God for that kind of love, and remember at every point in the service that you are here because God loves you. He calls you, because He loves you. He hears your confession, because He loves you. He consecrates you with His Word, because He loves you. He feeds you at the table of communion because He loves you. And He sends you back out into the world with His commissioning upon you, because He loves you. So don’t worship in fear. Don’t worship in order to qualify, or be accepted. Don’t worship out of duty, or because you think you ought to. Worship God because you know that He loves you.
- 3 of 5 stars to Order to Kill by Kyle Mills goodreads.com/review/show/22… 3 days ago
- RT @JonesAngell: https://t.co/HEFYfazSeN 6 days ago
- RT @bumlaser: Disappointed to learn that Kenny Loggins' Christmas album is called "December" and not "Highway To The Manger Zone". https://… 6 days ago
- Some theological doxologizing - The Baby in the Manger Still Upholds the Stars thegospelcoalition.org/article/baby-m… 1 week ago
- RT @PLeithart: Disciples should be like children. How? tinyurl.com/ych94zpz https://t.co/cqueIykbMU 1 week ago