How did we get here, to God’s house, to worship today? Psalm 5:7 gives us the answer: Through the abundance of God’s steadfast love. The reason you are invited and allowed to enter in is because Triune love overflows between Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and spills over to you. Praise God for that kind of love, and remember at every point in the service that you are here because God loves you. He calls you, because He loves you. He hears your confession, because He loves you. He consecrates you with His Word, because He loves you. He feeds you at the table of communion because He loves you. And He sends you back out into the world with His commissioning upon you, because He loves you. So don’t worship in fear. Don’t worship in order to qualify, or be accepted. Don’t worship out of duty, or because you think you ought to. Worship God because you know that He loves you.
- RT @ahc: The Tech-Wise Family is on sale for $1.99 today wherever fine ebooks are sold: Amazon buff.ly/2HYHm68 Barnes & Noble https… 1 day ago
- RT @PLeithart: When the King came to Adam, he covered himself and hid. When the King comes to Jerusalem, the people remove their robes and… 1 day ago
- RT @ehutchinson1513: The Martyrdom of Thomas Cranmer calvinistinternational.com/2018/03/21/the… 3 days ago
- 5 of 5 stars to Decluttering Your Marriage by Douglas Wilson goodreads.com/review/show/23… 3 days ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Bringing Down the House by Ben Mezrich goodreads.com/review/show/23… 5 days ago