Where do you seek good? David tells us that everybody wants to see good, but instead of coming to God, we try to find good things elsewhere. We look to created things: grain and wine, human relationships, and the entertainments we concoct, but at the end of the day, we are bored and unsatisfied. Who will show us something good? David says that in the light of God’s face he has more joy than he gets anywhere else. So if you are looking for something good, you’ve come to the right person. Oh, that we might share David’s experience! We know that what he describes should be true of us, but so often, it isn’t. We glance quickly at God, and wonder why we aren’t satisfied. But the answer is here in Psalm 4: look deeply into the face of Jesus, and find your good in Him.
- RT @ehutchinson1513: The Martyrdom of Thomas Cranmer calvinistinternational.com/2018/03/21/the… 1 day ago
- 5 of 5 stars to Decluttering Your Marriage by Douglas Wilson goodreads.com/review/show/23… 1 day ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Bringing Down the House by Ben Mezrich goodreads.com/review/show/23… 3 days ago
- RT @crossway: Patrick was not Irish. This and 9 other things you should know about St. Patrick. crossway.org/articles/10-th… 6 days ago
- Overtime in the very first game! The madness is here! #MarchMadness2018 1 week ago