Psalm 11 reveals to us that God sits on the throne of heaven, and tests the children of man. When we enter heaven to worship on the Lord’s Day, we stand before the face of God, and He tests our hearts for righteousness, because He loves righteous deeds, and hates wickedness.This means that Church is not a safe place to be. Going to Church should terrify us, were it not for the holiness that our Savior works into our lives, revealing through our actions the reality of new creation life. But because of the work of Christ, we boldly stand under the gaze of God, and offer up our worship and praise in faith.
- RT @BenSasse: ...but at least we'll always have the History Channel. twitter.com/Bmac0507/statu… 1 day ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Cover Her Face by P.D. James goodreads.com/review/show?id… 4 days ago
- Just ordered Outlaws of Time #2: The Song of Glory and Ghost by N. D. Wilson. You should too: amazon.com/dp/0062327291/… via @amazon 1 week ago
- Great word from Matt Emerson on Christ's descent into hell: bit.ly/2pk1oiL https://t.co/YYBTG9q4HS 1 week ago
- RT @TGC: Good Friday—a summary of the day’s events. thegspl.co/2pcHl93 https://t.co/k3lbgH8Vjf 2 weeks ago