Psalm 11 reveals to us that God sits on the throne of heaven, and tests the children of man. When we enter heaven to worship on the Lord’s Day, we stand before the face of God, and He tests our hearts for righteousness, because He loves righteous deeds, and hates wickedness.This means that Church is not a safe place to be. Going to Church should terrify us, were it not for the holiness that our Savior works into our lives, revealing through our actions the reality of new creation life. But because of the work of Christ, we boldly stand under the gaze of God, and offer up our worship and praise in faith.
- 4 of 5 stars to Cloudstreet by Tim Winton goodreads.com/review/show?id… 3 days ago
- RT @GraysonJAllen: Hey @tedcruz if you need a stand in against @jimmykimmel I know a guy twitter.com/jimmykimmel/st… 1 week ago
- RT @MarkDever: “A scolding ministry is not likely to be a happy one or a helpful one.” Francis Grimke, Meditations on Preaching 1 week ago
- 3 of 5 stars to The Day the Angels Fell by Shawn Smucker goodreads.com/review/show?id… 2 weeks ago
- RT @scottrswain: The doctrine of the Trinity in outline: 1. There is one God, the source and end of all creatures. 2. The Father, the Son… 3 weeks ago