King David exults in God because of the gifts He has showered down on him. From God’s hand comes long life, riches, splendor, and majesty, as well as justice, protection, and vengeance. In particular, however, Psalm 21 highlights the strength of God in being able to outfit a king. It is no small feat to make a king, because God doesn’t merely appoint him, but also lavishes kingly gifts on him until the whole world is astonished. As we gather today to celebrate the kingship of our Lord Christ, let us praise God with louder songs than David ever sang: David received long life; Christ lives forever! David received a glorious house in a beautiful city; Christ inherits the whole earth! David defeated the Philistines with God’s help; Christ overcame death, the last enemy! Let us rejoice in the strength of our Lord and King!
- RT @ehutchinson1513: The Martyrdom of Thomas Cranmer calvinistinternational.com/2018/03/21/the… 1 day ago
- 5 of 5 stars to Decluttering Your Marriage by Douglas Wilson goodreads.com/review/show/23… 1 day ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Bringing Down the House by Ben Mezrich goodreads.com/review/show/23… 3 days ago
- RT @crossway: Patrick was not Irish. This and 9 other things you should know about St. Patrick. crossway.org/articles/10-th… 6 days ago
- Overtime in the very first game! The madness is here! #MarchMadness2018 1 week ago