In Psalm 26, we read that David loves the habitation of God’s house. He delights in the place where glory dwells. Our eyes should be drawn to the emotions that David displays: he really gets excited about worshiping God, going around the altar and proclaiming thanksgiving aloud, telling of the wondrous deeds of the Lord. He enjoys being around glory. If this is not your attitude when you think about worshiping God, then ask God to make you more like this giddy, joyful king. David’s excitement was fueled by the fact that God’s steadfast love was before his eyes. If you want to enjoy being in God’s presence, then meditate deeply on God’s love for you, and join with David by blessing the Lord in the great assembly.
- RT @ehutchinson1513: The Martyrdom of Thomas Cranmer calvinistinternational.com/2018/03/21/the… 1 day ago
- 5 of 5 stars to Decluttering Your Marriage by Douglas Wilson goodreads.com/review/show/23… 1 day ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Bringing Down the House by Ben Mezrich goodreads.com/review/show/23… 3 days ago
- RT @crossway: Patrick was not Irish. This and 9 other things you should know about St. Patrick. crossway.org/articles/10-th… 6 days ago
- Overtime in the very first game! The madness is here! #MarchMadness2018 1 week ago