One of the truths about God that leads David to exhort the saints to praise Him is the shockingly prodigal way that God hands out His favor, compared to His anger. David’s cries for mercy are quickly heard by God, and his mourning is turned to dancing. Here we learn deep truths about who God is, and His attitude towards us: God loves to love us, and He hates being angry with us. So confess your sins to God, but don’t stew over them. God has already put away your sin, and started rejoicing over you. Why don’t you join Him with shouts of gladness?
- RT @dustinbenge: A message to Christians from John Huss, who was martyred on this day in 1415: "Faithful Christian, seek the truth, listen… 2 weeks ago
- RT @LloydLegalist: Preparing your bird for the rapture. https://t.co/iljhiwze1a 2 weeks ago
- RT @jskarp: A Nathan’s hot dog has 24 carbs. Joey Chestnut ate 74 hot dogs. Eating 1776 carbs and 74 hot dogs on 7/4 is the most American… 2 weeks ago
- 4 of 5 stars to St. Augustine by Philip Schaff goodreads.com/review/show?id… 2 weeks ago
- RT @CityofAnnapolis: Thank you to our Poet Laureate, Temple Cone - professor of English at the United States Naval Academy, for sharing his… 3 weeks ago