In Psalm 36, David contrasts the wicked man with the God of steadfast love. The wicked man is evil to his core, but if you probe the depths of God, you will find nothing but righteousness, and if you ascend to divine heights, you will encounter nothing but love. While the wicked man lies awake dreaming up trouble, God welcomes the children of mankind under His wings, setting a feast for them out of His abundance. The wicked man threatens; God protects. When we come to God’s house to worship, we are fleeing to God for refuge. What a comfort it is to know that whatever evil is being planned by the wicked, God shelters us in the shadow of His wings.
- 3 of 5 stars to Order to Kill by Kyle Mills goodreads.com/review/show/22… 3 days ago
- RT @JonesAngell: https://t.co/HEFYfazSeN 6 days ago
- RT @bumlaser: Disappointed to learn that Kenny Loggins' Christmas album is called "December" and not "Highway To The Manger Zone". https://… 6 days ago
- Some theological doxologizing - The Baby in the Manger Still Upholds the Stars thegospelcoalition.org/article/baby-m… 1 week ago
- RT @PLeithart: Disciples should be like children. How? tinyurl.com/ych94zpz https://t.co/cqueIykbMU 1 week ago