In Psalm 36, David contrasts the wicked man with the God of steadfast love. The wicked man is evil to his core, but if you probe the depths of God, you will find nothing but righteousness, and if you ascend to divine heights, you will encounter nothing but love. While the wicked man lies awake dreaming up trouble, God welcomes the children of mankind under His wings, setting a feast for them out of His abundance. The wicked man threatens; God protects. When we come to God’s house to worship, we are fleeing to God for refuge. What a comfort it is to know that whatever evil is being planned by the wicked, God shelters us in the shadow of His wings.
- RT @ahc: The Tech-Wise Family is on sale for $1.99 today wherever fine ebooks are sold: Amazon buff.ly/2HYHm68 Barnes & Noble https… 1 day ago
- RT @PLeithart: When the King came to Adam, he covered himself and hid. When the King comes to Jerusalem, the people remove their robes and… 1 day ago
- RT @ehutchinson1513: The Martyrdom of Thomas Cranmer calvinistinternational.com/2018/03/21/the… 3 days ago
- 5 of 5 stars to Decluttering Your Marriage by Douglas Wilson goodreads.com/review/show/23… 3 days ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Bringing Down the House by Ben Mezrich goodreads.com/review/show/23… 5 days ago