In Psalm 37, David exhorts us to make all the right kind of friends, and then tells us which ones they are. For instance, anger, wrath, and fretfulness are terrible friends, because they keep leading you into evil. Much better to make patience, faithfulness, and meekness your friends. David has never seen anyone make these friends and then be forsaken. This is because these virtues are not a random list of behaviors; they are attributes of God. Befriending the virtues is simply shorthand for befriending God. One way to think about worship this morning is as a catalog of delights – God preached about, God praised in song, God present to feed His people. Delight yourself in God, which is to say, make godliness your desire, He will give you the desires of your heart.
- 3 of 5 stars to Order to Kill by Kyle Mills goodreads.com/review/show/22… 3 days ago
- RT @JonesAngell: https://t.co/HEFYfazSeN 6 days ago
- RT @bumlaser: Disappointed to learn that Kenny Loggins' Christmas album is called "December" and not "Highway To The Manger Zone". https://… 6 days ago
- Some theological doxologizing - The Baby in the Manger Still Upholds the Stars thegospelcoalition.org/article/baby-m… 1 week ago
- RT @PLeithart: Disciples should be like children. How? tinyurl.com/ych94zpz https://t.co/cqueIykbMU 1 week ago