Psalm 47 begins at high volume, and never lets up. Since God is king over all the nations, and has done wonderful things for His people, there is only one fitting response: loud and joyful praise. Shout, blow the trumpets, and if you don’t have anything else to make noise with, bang your hands together! God is not looking for approving murmurs, or calm, appreciative tones. Instead, when we gather as God’s people, let us shout down all false gods and lesser kings – our God is king of all the earth!
- RT @BenSasse: ...but at least we'll always have the History Channel. twitter.com/Bmac0507/statu… 1 day ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Cover Her Face by P.D. James goodreads.com/review/show?id… 4 days ago
- Just ordered Outlaws of Time #2: The Song of Glory and Ghost by N. D. Wilson. You should too: amazon.com/dp/0062327291/… via @amazon 1 week ago
- Great word from Matt Emerson on Christ's descent into hell: bit.ly/2pk1oiL https://t.co/YYBTG9q4HS 1 week ago
- RT @TGC: Good Friday—a summary of the day’s events. thegspl.co/2pcHl93 https://t.co/k3lbgH8Vjf 2 weeks ago