Quite a solid thriller, especially for a debut. Plot felt very similar to Updike’s Terrorist with a slightly different resolution and in a different (minor) league as far as the prose goes, but I enjoyed it anyway. I do hope that some authors writing “woman-in-a-man’s-world” stories latch on to the fact that there can be other and more intriguing aspects to such a tale than the simple tired device that the woman faces an uphill battle because of her gender.
- Matt Searles' latest Psalms album is free to download right now to celebrate the release of his Psalms devotional: mattsearles.bandcamp.com 5 days ago
- Can anything good on the sacraments come from a Baptist? Come and see: 9marks.org/article/the-re… 5 days ago
- RT @DrSteveNichols: Luther's Thesis 28, Heidelberg Disputation, 1518: "God's love does not find, but creates, that which is pleasing to it… 1 week ago
- RT @BurkParsons: Men, leading your family means leading in singing. Sing like you mean it, and stop using the excuse that people don't want… 1 week ago
- RT @rwbooth: On this date in 1520, Martin Luther’s Babylonian Captivity of the Church was published. #reformation500 1 week ago