Quite a solid thriller, especially for a debut. Plot felt very similar to Updike’s Terrorist with a slightly different resolution and in a different (minor) league as far as the prose goes, but I enjoyed it anyway. I do hope that some authors writing “woman-in-a-man’s-world” stories latch on to the fact that there can be other and more intriguing aspects to such a tale than the simple tired device that the woman faces an uphill battle because of her gender.
- 3 of 5 stars to Faith of Our Father by Dale Ralph Davis goodreads.com/review/show?id… 2 hours ago
- I'm trying to raise $500 in 29 days! Still have $350 remaining. Will you help me? tinyurl.com/yavwyaet #feACTIVITY 4 hours ago
- Reckoning with "the vulgarity in democracy": commentarymagazine.com/articles/vulga… 21 hours ago
- I'm trying to raise $500 in 30 days! Still have $350 remaining. Will you help me? tinyurl.com/yavwyaet #feACTIVITY 1 day ago
- 4 of 5 stars to The Emotionally Destructive Relationship by Leslie Vernick goodreads.com/review/show?id… 2 days ago