In Psalm 78, David highlights one of the most important functions of our worship: passing on the faith to those yet unborn. More than simply informing, the church’s rehearsal of God’s faithfulness is meant to be transforming, with the goal that the next generation will set their hope in the God they have heard so much about, not forgetting His works, and keeping His commandments. So as you come to worship today, you will both hear of these things, and through the songs and prayers of God’s people, you will tell of these things to the children around you. So come expecting to have your hope transformed as we meditate on God’s skillful shepherding together.
- 3 of 5 stars to Wayward by Blake Crouch goodreads.com/review/show?id… 7 hours ago
- RT @inimitablepgw: An apple a day, if well aimed, keeps the doctor away. 1 week ago
- RT @PLeithart: Who's your pop culture? tinyurl.com/y7r9n68n https://t.co/rOyK8IpvHZ 1 week ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Nicene & Post-Nicene Series 1 Vol 3 by Augustine of Hippo goodreads.com/review/show?id… 2 weeks ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Mansfield Park by Jane Austen goodreads.com/review/show?id… 2 weeks ago