Psalm 81 exhorts God’s people to gather the instruments and sing, using her feast day to remember to praise God. The tone of the Psalm then shifts, however, and God delivers a sober word concerning Israel’s tendency to forget her deliverance and to follow her own counsels. God reminds Israel of His many promises to bless her, and calls her back to Himself. As we come to worship today, let the sounds of our music and sung praise be a reminder, a trumpet blast in our ears that warns us not to forsake the Lord, and woos us back to the kindness of God our strength.
- 3 of 5 stars to Wayward by Blake Crouch goodreads.com/review/show?id… 7 hours ago
- RT @inimitablepgw: An apple a day, if well aimed, keeps the doctor away. 1 week ago
- RT @PLeithart: Who's your pop culture? tinyurl.com/y7r9n68n https://t.co/rOyK8IpvHZ 1 week ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Nicene & Post-Nicene Series 1 Vol 3 by Augustine of Hippo goodreads.com/review/show?id… 2 weeks ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Mansfield Park by Jane Austen goodreads.com/review/show?id… 2 weeks ago