Psalm 85 reminds us of our most basic need: forgiveness and restoration. This is something we need again and again, which is why we confess our sins again each week when we come to God’s house. The Psalmists long to hear God speak, because they know He will speak peace to them. This word of peace is a transformative word that keeps His people from returning to sin and folly. This is a picture of what worship is all about: God speaking effective words of restoration and salvation, giving His people what is good. As you come to worship this morning, rejoice, because you are coming to the place where righteousness and peace kiss.
- Wise word: headhearthand.org/blog/2017/09/1… 2 days ago
- Fonts for the win: wired.com/story/meet-the… 6 days ago
- RT @tomgauld: ‘Useful abbreviations for the time-pressed online reader’ (for @guardianreview) https://t.co/Kr9dGbobrg 1 week ago
- RT @BarstoolNewsN: Fox may have just interviewed the smartest man alive. https://t.co/HerM2F1M9m 1 week ago
- Much wisdom here: thinktheology.co.uk/blog/article/w… 1 week ago