Psalm 85 reminds us of our most basic need: forgiveness and restoration. This is something we need again and again, which is why we confess our sins again each week when we come to God’s house. The Psalmists long to hear God speak, because they know He will speak peace to them. This word of peace is a transformative word that keeps His people from returning to sin and folly. This is a picture of what worship is all about: God speaking effective words of restoration and salvation, giving His people what is good. As you come to worship this morning, rejoice, because you are coming to the place where righteousness and peace kiss.
- RT @ahc: The Tech-Wise Family is on sale for $1.99 today wherever fine ebooks are sold: Amazon buff.ly/2HYHm68 Barnes & Noble https… 1 day ago
- RT @PLeithart: When the King came to Adam, he covered himself and hid. When the King comes to Jerusalem, the people remove their robes and… 1 day ago
- RT @ehutchinson1513: The Martyrdom of Thomas Cranmer calvinistinternational.com/2018/03/21/the… 3 days ago
- 5 of 5 stars to Decluttering Your Marriage by Douglas Wilson goodreads.com/review/show/23… 3 days ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Bringing Down the House by Ben Mezrich goodreads.com/review/show/23… 5 days ago