Psalm 121 focuses on this central idea: that God keeps His people. It is important to understand that this refers not to restrictions, but to protection and blessings. God keeps Israel as a whole, and you as an individual. God keeps and protects us when we sleep, because He never sleeps. He keeps us from being boiled or blinded by the sun or moon. He keeps us from all evil; from committing it and from being harmed by it. On our way to worship Him, He watches over our steps, when we leave and return. As you come to worship, rejoice in the fact that your help comes from the Lord, who will keep you forever.
- 4 of 5 stars to Cloudstreet by Tim Winton goodreads.com/review/show?id… 3 days ago
- RT @GraysonJAllen: Hey @tedcruz if you need a stand in against @jimmykimmel I know a guy twitter.com/jimmykimmel/st… 1 week ago
- RT @MarkDever: “A scolding ministry is not likely to be a happy one or a helpful one.” Francis Grimke, Meditations on Preaching 1 week ago
- 3 of 5 stars to The Day the Angels Fell by Shawn Smucker goodreads.com/review/show?id… 2 weeks ago
- RT @scottrswain: The doctrine of the Trinity in outline: 1. There is one God, the source and end of all creatures. 2. The Father, the Son… 3 weeks ago