Psalm 121 focuses on this central idea: that God keeps His people. It is important to understand that this refers not to restrictions, but to protection and blessings. God keeps Israel as a whole, and you as an individual. God keeps and protects us when we sleep, because He never sleeps. He keeps us from being boiled or blinded by the sun or moon. He keeps us from all evil; from committing it and from being harmed by it. On our way to worship Him, He watches over our steps, when we leave and return. As you come to worship, rejoice in the fact that your help comes from the Lord, who will keep you forever.
- Matt Searles' latest Psalms album is free to download right now to celebrate the release of his Psalms devotional: mattsearles.bandcamp.com 4 days ago
- Can anything good on the sacraments come from a Baptist? Come and see: 9marks.org/article/the-re… 4 days ago
- RT @DrSteveNichols: Luther's Thesis 28, Heidelberg Disputation, 1518: "God's love does not find, but creates, that which is pleasing to it… 6 days ago
- RT @BurkParsons: Men, leading your family means leading in singing. Sing like you mean it, and stop using the excuse that people don't want… 1 week ago
- RT @rwbooth: On this date in 1520, Martin Luther’s Babylonian Captivity of the Church was published. #reformation500 1 week ago