Psalm 121 focuses on this central idea: that God keeps His people. It is important to understand that this refers not to restrictions, but to protection and blessings. God keeps Israel as a whole, and you as an individual. God keeps and protects us when we sleep, because He never sleeps. He keeps us from being boiled or blinded by the sun or moon. He keeps us from all evil; from committing it and from being harmed by it. On our way to worship Him, He watches over our steps, when we leave and return. As you come to worship, rejoice in the fact that your help comes from the Lord, who will keep you forever.
- RT @BenSasse: ...but at least we'll always have the History Channel. twitter.com/Bmac0507/statu… 1 day ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Cover Her Face by P.D. James goodreads.com/review/show?id… 4 days ago
- Just ordered Outlaws of Time #2: The Song of Glory and Ghost by N. D. Wilson. You should too: amazon.com/dp/0062327291/… via @amazon 1 week ago
- Great word from Matt Emerson on Christ's descent into hell: bit.ly/2pk1oiL https://t.co/YYBTG9q4HS 1 week ago
- RT @TGC: Good Friday—a summary of the day’s events. thegspl.co/2pcHl93 https://t.co/k3lbgH8Vjf 2 weeks ago