Psalm 118 is a compilation of glorious songs of salvation, full of emphatic repetitive choruses that celebrate God’s love and power. The central theme is that whether in distress from enemies or under the discipline of the Lord, when we cry out to God, He hears us and delivers us. Salvation leads to thanksgiving, and thanksgiving opens up into a confident request for more salvation, pointing to the fact that God’s love means that salvation is not a one-time bailout, but a lifelong commitment on the part of God to make His light shine upon the ones who bear His name. Rejoice today as you come to worship, for His steadfast love endures forever!
- RT @ehutchinson1513: The Martyrdom of Thomas Cranmer calvinistinternational.com/2018/03/21/the… 1 day ago
- 5 of 5 stars to Decluttering Your Marriage by Douglas Wilson goodreads.com/review/show/23… 1 day ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Bringing Down the House by Ben Mezrich goodreads.com/review/show/23… 3 days ago
- RT @crossway: Patrick was not Irish. This and 9 other things you should know about St. Patrick. crossway.org/articles/10-th… 6 days ago
- Overtime in the very first game! The madness is here! #MarchMadness2018 1 week ago