Psalm 118 is a compilation of glorious songs of salvation, full of emphatic repetitive choruses that celebrate God’s love and power. The central theme is that whether in distress from enemies or under the discipline of the Lord, when we cry out to God, He hears us and delivers us. Salvation leads to thanksgiving, and thanksgiving opens up into a confident request for more salvation, pointing to the fact that God’s love means that salvation is not a one-time bailout, but a lifelong commitment on the part of God to make His light shine upon the ones who bear His name. Rejoice today as you come to worship, for His steadfast love endures forever!
- Wise word: headhearthand.org/blog/2017/09/1… 2 days ago
- Fonts for the win: wired.com/story/meet-the… 6 days ago
- RT @tomgauld: ‘Useful abbreviations for the time-pressed online reader’ (for @guardianreview) https://t.co/Kr9dGbobrg 1 week ago
- RT @BarstoolNewsN: Fox may have just interviewed the smartest man alive. https://t.co/HerM2F1M9m 1 week ago
- Much wisdom here: thinktheology.co.uk/blog/article/w… 1 week ago