In Psalm 116, the psalmist declares that he loves the Lord because the Lord listened to His cry for mercy. In distress and anguish, he turned to God, and was delivered, which prompts him to ask how he can honor God in return. He chooses to lift up the cup of salvation and proclaim the kindness of God publicly. He wants to give thanks in the sight of all the faithful, so that God will be glorified by all. As you come to worship this morning, let your heart dwell on the mercy God has shown you in delivering you from sin and death, and openly lift up your voice in praise to the God who hears and answers.
- 3 of 5 stars to Faith of Our Father by Dale Ralph Davis goodreads.com/review/show?id… 2 hours ago
- I'm trying to raise $500 in 29 days! Still have $350 remaining. Will you help me? tinyurl.com/yavwyaet #feACTIVITY 4 hours ago
- Reckoning with "the vulgarity in democracy": commentarymagazine.com/articles/vulga… 21 hours ago
- I'm trying to raise $500 in 30 days! Still have $350 remaining. Will you help me? tinyurl.com/yavwyaet #feACTIVITY 1 day ago
- 4 of 5 stars to The Emotionally Destructive Relationship by Leslie Vernick goodreads.com/review/show?id… 2 days ago