Psalm 128 is a rousing celebration of the blessings that God gives. In particular, these blessings that remind us of God’s kindness even after Adam’s fall. To the God-fearing man, God gives fruitful labor, and joy in it. He gives his wife children, and the family matures like wine and oil, becoming refined, cultured blessings by walking in God’s ways. God also pushes back the curse of death, giving long life and peace. As you come to worship, remember that sin and death are not God’s final word to man. Food, family, and a future all testify to the mercy and kindness of God.
- Matt Searles' latest Psalms album is free to download right now to celebrate the release of his Psalms devotional: mattsearles.bandcamp.com 5 days ago
- Can anything good on the sacraments come from a Baptist? Come and see: 9marks.org/article/the-re… 5 days ago
- RT @DrSteveNichols: Luther's Thesis 28, Heidelberg Disputation, 1518: "God's love does not find, but creates, that which is pleasing to it… 1 week ago
- RT @BurkParsons: Men, leading your family means leading in singing. Sing like you mean it, and stop using the excuse that people don't want… 1 week ago
- RT @rwbooth: On this date in 1520, Martin Luther’s Babylonian Captivity of the Church was published. #reformation500 1 week ago