Psalm 133 opens with an arresting simile: living in unity is like anointing oil running down the beard. The oil that consecrates Aaron as a priest results in a connection between God and His people, and the unity between brothers demonstrates that their unity with God is overflowing into their lives as they become more like God towards each other. This is refreshing and sweet like dew on Mt. Zion, a fresh covering of mutual love when God’s people meet together to receive His blessing of life. As you come to worship today, remember that you are at peace with God through Christ, and extend that peace to your fellow Christians as you worship together in unity.
- 3 of 5 stars to Kill Shot by Vince Flynn goodreads.com/review/show?id… 1 day ago
- 4 of 5 stars to The Great Good Thing by Andrew Klavan goodreads.com/review/show?id… 1 week ago
- RT @LutheranSatire: Here is Bernie Sanders in his own words. Or my words. Definitely one of those two, though. thefederalist.com/2017/06/13/sen… 1 week ago
- 4 of 5 stars to The Mark and the Void by Paul Murray goodreads.com/review/show?id… 1 week ago
- RT @MichaelRWear: After a couple of days of critiquing Sanders/Van Hollen, I want to share a few thoughts on what Christians can learn from… 2 weeks ago