Psalm 124 celebrates one of the greatest blessings of being God’s people: God is on our side, fighting for us, defending us, and saving us. David humbly blesses God, knowing that apart from His aid, we wouldn’t have survived. The help that God gives is not a nice add-on to make our lives easier; it is the difference between staying alive and being swept away by a flood of evil. Because God breaks the snares of the wicked, we can go free, and sing praises to His name. As you come to worship today, think back over the dangers and sins that God has rescued you from, and praise Him for being on our side.
- 4 of 5 stars to Cloudstreet by Tim Winton goodreads.com/review/show?id… 3 days ago
- RT @GraysonJAllen: Hey @tedcruz if you need a stand in against @jimmykimmel I know a guy twitter.com/jimmykimmel/st… 1 week ago
- RT @MarkDever: “A scolding ministry is not likely to be a happy one or a helpful one.” Francis Grimke, Meditations on Preaching 1 week ago
- 3 of 5 stars to The Day the Angels Fell by Shawn Smucker goodreads.com/review/show?id… 2 weeks ago
- RT @scottrswain: The doctrine of the Trinity in outline: 1. There is one God, the source and end of all creatures. 2. The Father, the Son… 3 weeks ago