Psalm 124 celebrates one of the greatest blessings of being God’s people: God is on our side, fighting for us, defending us, and saving us. David humbly blesses God, knowing that apart from His aid, we wouldn’t have survived. The help that God gives is not a nice add-on to make our lives easier; it is the difference between staying alive and being swept away by a flood of evil. Because God breaks the snares of the wicked, we can go free, and sing praises to His name. As you come to worship today, think back over the dangers and sins that God has rescued you from, and praise Him for being on our side.
- 3 of 5 stars to Black Water Rising by Attica Locke goodreads.com/review/show?id… 2 days ago
- RT @TGC: Based on the latest report on global persecution from @OpenDoors, here are the top 10 nations where Christians found it most dange… 5 days ago
- RT @JonathanDLeeman: "So yes, forgive the repentant pastor. Who of us is without sin? But to love him, love those he has hurt, love the chu… 6 days ago
- RT @ThomasSKidd: Chinese authorities demolish well-known evangelical church apnews.com/6dd936f0500c40… 6 days ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro goodreads.com/review/show?id… 1 week ago