Psalm 124 celebrates one of the greatest blessings of being God’s people: God is on our side, fighting for us, defending us, and saving us. David humbly blesses God, knowing that apart from His aid, we wouldn’t have survived. The help that God gives is not a nice add-on to make our lives easier; it is the difference between staying alive and being swept away by a flood of evil. Because God breaks the snares of the wicked, we can go free, and sing praises to His name. As you come to worship today, think back over the dangers and sins that God has rescued you from, and praise Him for being on our side.
- RT @JacobHanby: "Easter tells us that Jesus is himself the first part of new creation; his ascension tells us that he is now running it." N… 2 days ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Pines by Blake Crouch goodreads.com/review/show?id… 4 days ago
- RT @Ligonier: Download The Westminster Shorter Catechism read by Sinclair Ferguson for free. gift.ligonier.org/227/westminste… 4 days ago
- "Christians can live in the Trinity but explain it poorly." @FredFredSanders helps: christianitytoday.com/ct/2017/may-we… 4 days ago
- RT @AJWTheology: There are three main approaches to authority in the western Church. Catholicism: Rock. Protestantism: Paper. Liberalism:… 4 days ago