Psalm 124 celebrates one of the greatest blessings of being God’s people: God is on our side, fighting for us, defending us, and saving us. David humbly blesses God, knowing that apart from His aid, we wouldn’t have survived. The help that God gives is not a nice add-on to make our lives easier; it is the difference between staying alive and being swept away by a flood of evil. Because God breaks the snares of the wicked, we can go free, and sing praises to His name. As you come to worship today, think back over the dangers and sins that God has rescued you from, and praise Him for being on our side.
- RT @9Marks: How can church discipline be loving? https://t.co/T2lnh6Two1 2 days ago
- RT @AriSchulman: This is just to say I have deleted the tweet with the libel and which you have probably screencapped forgive me it got… 3 days ago
- RT @GlosDioc: Good morning! Here’s an icon of St Marina whacking the devil with a hammer. Be awesome. Be like St Marina. https://t.co/3sOs… 3 days ago
- RT @DennyBurk: Give me sanctified affliction. #ValleyOfVision https://t.co/B2z2uce3EX 3 days ago
- This is a fantastic idea. I'd love to see some new ones! twitter.com/artandtheology… 4 days ago