Psalm 123 tells us where to look and what to look for when we draw near to God. Our eyes are weary of looking to others and only receiving contempt and scorn, and so we lift up our eyes to the heavens, and look expectantly to the Lord our God. Just like servants look to their master or mistress, knowing from constant repetition to expect some instructions or commands, we keep looking to the Lord, knowing that He will once again be faithful to have mercy on us. You won’t find mercy anywhere else, so as you come to worship today, lift up your eyes to God, for mercy is found here at His throne.
- RT @9Marks: How can church discipline be loving? https://t.co/T2lnh6Two1 2 days ago
- RT @AriSchulman: This is just to say I have deleted the tweet with the libel and which you have probably screencapped forgive me it got… 3 days ago
- RT @GlosDioc: Good morning! Here’s an icon of St Marina whacking the devil with a hammer. Be awesome. Be like St Marina. https://t.co/3sOs… 3 days ago
- RT @DennyBurk: Give me sanctified affliction. #ValleyOfVision https://t.co/B2z2uce3EX 3 days ago
- This is a fantastic idea. I'd love to see some new ones! twitter.com/artandtheology… 4 days ago