It may come as a shock to be greeted this morning by a joyful-hearted trash-talking momma, but that’s exactly what we find in 1 Sam. 2:1-10. Hannah rebukes her enemies for choosing lame, unholy gods that cannot compare with Yahweh. In His wisdom and might, He empties the full and fills the empty, exalts the lowly and humbles the proud. He defends His people and guards their feet, but He cuts off the wicked, and they stumble and fall. As you come to worship, let go of the worries and doubts that tempt you to choose other gods. Laugh at the idols, and rejoice, for there is no rock like your God!
- RT @9Marks: How can church discipline be loving? https://t.co/T2lnh6Two1 2 days ago
- RT @AriSchulman: This is just to say I have deleted the tweet with the libel and which you have probably screencapped forgive me it got… 3 days ago
- RT @GlosDioc: Good morning! Here’s an icon of St Marina whacking the devil with a hammer. Be awesome. Be like St Marina. https://t.co/3sOs… 3 days ago
- RT @DennyBurk: Give me sanctified affliction. #ValleyOfVision https://t.co/B2z2uce3EX 3 days ago
- This is a fantastic idea. I'd love to see some new ones! twitter.com/artandtheology… 4 days ago