It may come as a shock to be greeted this morning by a joyful-hearted trash-talking momma, but that’s exactly what we find in 1 Sam. 2:1-10. Hannah rebukes her enemies for choosing lame, unholy gods that cannot compare with Yahweh. In His wisdom and might, He empties the full and fills the empty, exalts the lowly and humbles the proud. He defends His people and guards their feet, but He cuts off the wicked, and they stumble and fall. As you come to worship, let go of the worries and doubts that tempt you to choose other gods. Laugh at the idols, and rejoice, for there is no rock like your God!
- 3 of 5 stars to Black Water Rising by Attica Locke goodreads.com/review/show?id… 2 days ago
- RT @TGC: Based on the latest report on global persecution from @OpenDoors, here are the top 10 nations where Christians found it most dange… 5 days ago
- RT @JonathanDLeeman: "So yes, forgive the repentant pastor. Who of us is without sin? But to love him, love those he has hurt, love the chu… 6 days ago
- RT @ThomasSKidd: Chinese authorities demolish well-known evangelical church apnews.com/6dd936f0500c40… 6 days ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro goodreads.com/review/show?id… 1 week ago