When Zechariah’s tongue is loosed, he sings a glorious song of praise celebrating the visitation of God. God was faithful to His promises to Abraham and David and so brought salvation to Israel. This salvation takes the form of deliverance from enemies and forgiveness of sins. Once delivered and forgiven, Israel is now free to serve God without fear, in holiness and righteousness. In the beautiful concluding poetic image, the dawn breaks over Israel, and those who were sitting in darkness and shadows are now able to step into the light and follow the path to peace.
- RT @ahc: The Tech-Wise Family is on sale for $1.99 today wherever fine ebooks are sold: Amazon buff.ly/2HYHm68 Barnes & Noble https… 1 day ago
- RT @PLeithart: When the King came to Adam, he covered himself and hid. When the King comes to Jerusalem, the people remove their robes and… 1 day ago
- RT @ehutchinson1513: The Martyrdom of Thomas Cranmer calvinistinternational.com/2018/03/21/the… 3 days ago
- 5 of 5 stars to Decluttering Your Marriage by Douglas Wilson goodreads.com/review/show/23… 3 days ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Bringing Down the House by Ben Mezrich goodreads.com/review/show/23… 5 days ago