When Zechariah’s tongue is loosed, he sings a glorious song of praise celebrating the visitation of God. God was faithful to His promises to Abraham and David and so brought salvation to Israel. This salvation takes the form of deliverance from enemies and forgiveness of sins. Once delivered and forgiven, Israel is now free to serve God without fear, in holiness and righteousness. In the beautiful concluding poetic image, the dawn breaks over Israel, and those who were sitting in darkness and shadows are now able to step into the light and follow the path to peace.
- 3 of 5 stars to Original Skin by David Mark goodreads.com/review/show?id… 2 hours ago
- RT @LigonDuncan: Longtime, retired @ReformTheoSem @RTSJackson @rtsorlando Prof Simon Kistemaker died this AM. Past Pres of @etsjets https:… 1 day ago
- RT @berry_everett: How I feel sometimes teaching Hermeneutics. https://t.co/FmQeyXtZmO 3 days ago
- Bury or Burn? thegospelcoalition.org/article/the-fa… 3 days ago
- Wise word: headhearthand.org/blog/2017/09/1… 6 days ago