Psalm 91 celebrates the protection that God provides to His people. When you live in God’s house, you are under His care, and so His house becomes a refuge and a fortress, a place of safety and peace. Because you love God, and know His name, He promises to deliver you and to answer you when you call. God takes it upon Himself to make sure that no evil befalls you, since you trust in Him. As you come to worship today, you are placing yourself under God’s protection. When you look for His help, He promises to show you His salvation. You have taken refuge in the fortress of the Most High God, so come and worship without fear in the shadow of the Almighty!
- RT @JamesBejon: THREAD: Some notes on Judges 9, the aim of which is to flag up certain points of interest. 13 hours ago
- RT @TonyReinke: Brakel: “If a person had to wait with being joyful in the Lord until he is without sin, he would never rejoice his entire l… 1 day ago
- RT @chrstianhistory: February 21, 1109: Anselm, the Archbishop of Canterbury recognized as the "founder of Scholasticism," dies. One of the… 1 day ago
- 3 of 5 stars to The New Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Martin H. Greenberg goodreads.com/review/show?id… 2 days ago
- 5 of 5 stars to The Likeness by Tana French goodreads.com/review/show?id… 1 week ago