Psalm 96 is an exhortation to evangelistic singing. The Psalmist calls on God’s people to declare His glory among the nations by rejoicing in His marvelous works. Other gods can’t create the world or save people like the true God, and no other god dwells in such splendor and majesty as the Lord! When the nations hear God’s people exulting in the glory and strength of their God, they are being summoned to leave their worthless idols and tremble before the Lord who brings justice to the world and salvation to all who call on His name. And so as you come to worship today, come as musical missionaries by singing to the Lord!
- RT @dustinbenge: A message to Christians from John Huss, who was martyred on this day in 1415: "Faithful Christian, seek the truth, listen… 2 weeks ago
- RT @LloydLegalist: Preparing your bird for the rapture. https://t.co/iljhiwze1a 2 weeks ago
- RT @jskarp: A Nathan’s hot dog has 24 carbs. Joey Chestnut ate 74 hot dogs. Eating 1776 carbs and 74 hot dogs on 7/4 is the most American… 2 weeks ago
- 4 of 5 stars to St. Augustine by Philip Schaff goodreads.com/review/show?id… 2 weeks ago
- RT @CityofAnnapolis: Thank you to our Poet Laureate, Temple Cone - professor of English at the United States Naval Academy, for sharing his… 3 weeks ago