Psalm 96 is an exhortation to evangelistic singing. The Psalmist calls on God’s people to declare His glory among the nations by rejoicing in His marvelous works. Other gods can’t create the world or save people like the true God, and no other god dwells in such splendor and majesty as the Lord! When the nations hear God’s people exulting in the glory and strength of their God, they are being summoned to leave their worthless idols and tremble before the Lord who brings justice to the world and salvation to all who call on His name. And so as you come to worship today, come as musical missionaries by singing to the Lord!
- 3 of 5 stars to The Dogs of Riga by Henning Mankell goodreads.com/review/show?id… 12 hours ago
- RT @crossway: This Day in History: The Death of Martin Luther crossway.org/articles/this-… 2 days ago
- RT @hiphopaugustine: time's turned lenten best be repentin the banquet is near and His wine is fermentin 4 days ago
- Christendom simply explained: mereorthodoxy.com/christendom-12… 4 days ago
- RT @KarlVaters: Every church already has a vision. And a commission. And a commandment. It’s in the New Testament. christianitytoday.com/karl-vaters/20… 5 days ago