Lamentations calls for hope in the middle of affliction. With the taste of wormwood and gall still on his tongue, the writer calls to mind the steadfast love of the Lord, His new mercies, and His great faithfulness. When circumstances are miserable, hope is found in the character of God. When these truths about God are forgotten, hope dies. But when they are called to mind, the bitterness of affliction is replaced by the sweetness of a hope that trusts in the goodness of the Lord. So as you come to worship today, whatever affliction you may face, trust God, wait patiently for God, and seek God, for it is good that you wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.
- RT @ValaAfshar: The world as 100 people over the last two centuries https://t.co/O4ZULDDMbX 15 hours ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Black Water Rising by Attica Locke goodreads.com/review/show?id… 3 days ago
- RT @TGC: Based on the latest report on global persecution from @OpenDoors, here are the top 10 nations where Christians found it most dange… 6 days ago
- RT @JonathanDLeeman: "So yes, forgive the repentant pastor. Who of us is without sin? But to love him, love those he has hurt, love the chu… 6 days ago
- RT @ThomasSKidd: Chinese authorities demolish well-known evangelical church apnews.com/6dd936f0500c40… 6 days ago