This section of Psalm 119 overflows in praise of God’s righteousness. God Himself is righteous, His rules are righteous, and that righteousness is an everlasting righteousness. This righteousness is what makes God’s testimonies and promises lasting and trustworthy, and so the Psalmist responds to God’s rules with love, zeal, and delight. Even in the face of opposition and neglect, the Psalmist does not forget the Lord’s precepts, and turns to God’s Word to receive life. As you come to hear the voice of God speaking through His Word today, delight yourself in the thought that these are righteous words from a righteous God.
- RT @BenSasse: ...but at least we'll always have the History Channel. twitter.com/Bmac0507/statu… 1 day ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Cover Her Face by P.D. James goodreads.com/review/show?id… 4 days ago
- Just ordered Outlaws of Time #2: The Song of Glory and Ghost by N. D. Wilson. You should too: amazon.com/dp/0062327291/… via @amazon 1 week ago
- Great word from Matt Emerson on Christ's descent into hell: bit.ly/2pk1oiL https://t.co/YYBTG9q4HS 1 week ago
- RT @TGC: Good Friday—a summary of the day’s events. thegspl.co/2pcHl93 https://t.co/k3lbgH8Vjf 2 weeks ago