This section of Psalm 119 overflows in praise of God’s righteousness. God Himself is righteous, His rules are righteous, and that righteousness is an everlasting righteousness. This righteousness is what makes God’s testimonies and promises lasting and trustworthy, and so the Psalmist responds to God’s rules with love, zeal, and delight. Even in the face of opposition and neglect, the Psalmist does not forget the Lord’s precepts, and turns to God’s Word to receive life. As you come to hear the voice of God speaking through His Word today, delight yourself in the thought that these are righteous words from a righteous God.
- RT @DZRishmawy: Athanasius and Aquinas agree: the Father's perfection as God depends on the procession of the Son and the Spirit. https://t… 16 hours ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Missions by Andy Johnson goodreads.com/review/show?id… 1 day ago
- 4 of 5 stars to The Black Book by Ian Rankin goodreads.com/review/show?id… 5 days ago
- RT @nytimes: Tom Wolfe has died at 88. With books like "The Right Stuff," the innovative journalist's colorful prose captured the American… 1 week ago
- 4 of 5 stars to The Ascension by Tim Chester goodreads.com/review/show?id… 1 week ago