The Psalmist rejoices to be summoned to the Lord’s house for worship, because he recognizes that the joys of living as God’s people in Jerusalem flow from the temple. God’s house is the place to go to give thanks for all God’s blessings, and it is where prayers are offered for the continued peace and safety of God’s people. What happens in worship affects the rest of life, and so David gladly goes to God’s house to seek the good of his brothers. As you come to worship today, prepare your heart to give thanks to God for the church’s life together, and to seek her good through worship and prayer.
- RT @ValaAfshar: The world as 100 people over the last two centuries https://t.co/O4ZULDDMbX 15 hours ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Black Water Rising by Attica Locke goodreads.com/review/show?id… 3 days ago
- RT @TGC: Based on the latest report on global persecution from @OpenDoors, here are the top 10 nations where Christians found it most dange… 6 days ago
- RT @JonathanDLeeman: "So yes, forgive the repentant pastor. Who of us is without sin? But to love him, love those he has hurt, love the chu… 6 days ago
- RT @ThomasSKidd: Chinese authorities demolish well-known evangelical church apnews.com/6dd936f0500c40… 6 days ago