Psalm 119 begins by rejoicing in the blessedness of keeping the law of the Lord. The Psalmist praises the testimonies of God because they keep him from the shame of doing wrong. The Word of God is good in itself, because it comes from the mouth of God, but it is also does good to the one whose ways are steadfast, preserving him from wandering down wrong paths. As you come to worship today, fix your eyes on God’s commandments, knowing that as you keep His Word, His Word keeps you.
- 3 of 5 stars to Kill Shot by Vince Flynn goodreads.com/review/show?id… 3 days ago
- 4 of 5 stars to The Great Good Thing by Andrew Klavan goodreads.com/review/show?id… 1 week ago
- RT @LutheranSatire: Here is Bernie Sanders in his own words. Or my words. Definitely one of those two, though. thefederalist.com/2017/06/13/sen… 2 weeks ago
- 4 of 5 stars to The Mark and the Void by Paul Murray goodreads.com/review/show?id… 2 weeks ago
- RT @MichaelRWear: After a couple of days of critiquing Sanders/Van Hollen, I want to share a few thoughts on what Christians can learn from… 2 weeks ago