Psalm 119 begins by rejoicing in the blessedness of keeping the law of the Lord. The Psalmist praises the testimonies of God because they keep him from the shame of doing wrong. The Word of God is good in itself, because it comes from the mouth of God, but it is also does good to the one whose ways are steadfast, preserving him from wandering down wrong paths. As you come to worship today, fix your eyes on God’s commandments, knowing that as you keep His Word, His Word keeps you.
- RT @MikeWittmer: We shouldn't be surprised that forgiveness is often messy. The same sinner that requires forgiveness is apt to mess up his… 2 days ago
- 3 of 5 stars to The Bourne Ultimatum by Robert Ludlum goodreads.com/review/show?id… 4 days ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Anti-Pelagian Writings by Augustine of Hippo goodreads.com/review/show?id… 1 week ago
- 🤔 twitter.com/PerkinsHammer/… 1 week ago
- RT @dukekwondc: Pay attention to your unspoken grumblings, eye-rolling, and sighs: “Satan loves to fish in the troubled waters of a disco… 2 weeks ago