Psalm 119 begins by rejoicing in the blessedness of keeping the law of the Lord. The Psalmist praises the testimonies of God because they keep him from the shame of doing wrong. The Word of God is good in itself, because it comes from the mouth of God, but it is also does good to the one whose ways are steadfast, preserving him from wandering down wrong paths. As you come to worship today, fix your eyes on God’s commandments, knowing that as you keep His Word, His Word keeps you.
- RT @BenSasse: ...but at least we'll always have the History Channel. twitter.com/Bmac0507/statu… 1 day ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Cover Her Face by P.D. James goodreads.com/review/show?id… 4 days ago
- Just ordered Outlaws of Time #2: The Song of Glory and Ghost by N. D. Wilson. You should too: amazon.com/dp/0062327291/… via @amazon 1 week ago
- Great word from Matt Emerson on Christ's descent into hell: bit.ly/2pk1oiL https://t.co/YYBTG9q4HS 1 week ago
- RT @TGC: Good Friday—a summary of the day’s events. thegspl.co/2pcHl93 https://t.co/k3lbgH8Vjf 2 weeks ago