Psalm 119 begins by rejoicing in the blessedness of keeping the law of the Lord. The Psalmist praises the testimonies of God because they keep him from the shame of doing wrong. The Word of God is good in itself, because it comes from the mouth of God, but it is also does good to the one whose ways are steadfast, preserving him from wandering down wrong paths. As you come to worship today, fix your eyes on God’s commandments, knowing that as you keep His Word, His Word keeps you.
- RT @dustinbenge: A message to Christians from John Huss, who was martyred on this day in 1415: "Faithful Christian, seek the truth, listen… 2 weeks ago
- RT @LloydLegalist: Preparing your bird for the rapture. https://t.co/iljhiwze1a 2 weeks ago
- RT @jskarp: A Nathan’s hot dog has 24 carbs. Joey Chestnut ate 74 hot dogs. Eating 1776 carbs and 74 hot dogs on 7/4 is the most American… 2 weeks ago
- 4 of 5 stars to St. Augustine by Philip Schaff goodreads.com/review/show?id… 2 weeks ago
- RT @CityofAnnapolis: Thank you to our Poet Laureate, Temple Cone - professor of English at the United States Naval Academy, for sharing his… 3 weeks ago