Psalm 119:33-40 asks God to reorient our hearts away from worthless things towards God’s ways and commandments. This is a prayer that God answers by calling us and welcoming us into His house for worship each week. This is the place where we leave worthless things behind and devote our hearts to what really matters, as we lift up our praises and hear God’s Word pronounced, proclaimed, and preached. As you come to worship this morning, make the Psalmist’s prayer your own and invite God to renew your heart with a life-giving delight in His ways as you come into His presence.
- RT @BenSasse: ...but at least we'll always have the History Channel. twitter.com/Bmac0507/statu… 1 day ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Cover Her Face by P.D. James goodreads.com/review/show?id… 4 days ago
- Just ordered Outlaws of Time #2: The Song of Glory and Ghost by N. D. Wilson. You should too: amazon.com/dp/0062327291/… via @amazon 1 week ago
- Great word from Matt Emerson on Christ's descent into hell: bit.ly/2pk1oiL https://t.co/YYBTG9q4HS 1 week ago
- RT @TGC: Good Friday—a summary of the day’s events. thegspl.co/2pcHl93 https://t.co/k3lbgH8Vjf 2 weeks ago