Psalm 119:33-40 asks God to reorient our hearts away from worthless things towards God’s ways and commandments. This is a prayer that God answers by calling us and welcoming us into His house for worship each week. This is the place where we leave worthless things behind and devote our hearts to what really matters, as we lift up our praises and hear God’s Word pronounced, proclaimed, and preached. As you come to worship this morning, make the Psalmist’s prayer your own and invite God to renew your heart with a life-giving delight in His ways as you come into His presence.
- RT @DZRishmawy: Athanasius and Aquinas agree: the Father's perfection as God depends on the procession of the Son and the Spirit. https://t… 16 hours ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Missions by Andy Johnson goodreads.com/review/show?id… 1 day ago
- 4 of 5 stars to The Black Book by Ian Rankin goodreads.com/review/show?id… 5 days ago
- RT @nytimes: Tom Wolfe has died at 88. With books like "The Right Stuff," the innovative journalist's colorful prose captured the American… 1 week ago
- 4 of 5 stars to The Ascension by Tim Chester goodreads.com/review/show?id… 1 week ago