Psalm 119:33-40 asks God to reorient our hearts away from worthless things towards God’s ways and commandments. This is a prayer that God answers by calling us and welcoming us into His house for worship each week. This is the place where we leave worthless things behind and devote our hearts to what really matters, as we lift up our praises and hear God’s Word pronounced, proclaimed, and preached. As you come to worship this morning, make the Psalmist’s prayer your own and invite God to renew your heart with a life-giving delight in His ways as you come into His presence.
- RT @matthew_loftus: I wrote about how conservative Christians were discipled into worshipping political power & how to repent & rest: https… 4 hours ago
- Matt Searles' latest Psalms album is free to download right now to celebrate the release of his Psalms devotional: mattsearles.bandcamp.com 1 week ago
- Can anything good on the sacraments come from a Baptist? Come and see: 9marks.org/article/the-re… 1 week ago
- RT @DrSteveNichols: Luther's Thesis 28, Heidelberg Disputation, 1518: "God's love does not find, but creates, that which is pleasing to it… 1 week ago
- RT @BurkParsons: Men, leading your family means leading in singing. Sing like you mean it, and stop using the excuse that people don't want… 1 week ago